This release was scheduled for the end of July, but it has taken more time to get the release ready.
Not much functionality was changed, but again a lot in the technical area has been tidied up and improved.
- the UI of the year end has been improved and looks now similar to the month end.
- The formatting of amounts has been improved, there was a bug for amounts less than 10 Euros.
- support for MySQL has been improved.
- some deprecated database fields have finally been dropped (eg. p_partner_location.p_email_address_c, which now is implemented with the partner contact attributes).
- we have support now for Ubuntu as development environment. I run the CI tests on Github with Appveyor (see https://ci.openpetra.org), which now offers Ubuntu containers for the tests. This helps to improve the overall quality of the code, since some issues have come to the surface, that were not visible with the CI runs on CentOS with the LightBuildServer (see OpenPetra Test of the server with mysql)
- I am working on a project to replace static variables. This will allow to host multiple tenants on a single OpenPetra server instance. This project is ongoing (see updates in the forum), but this release contains the updated code already, and it does pass the tests.
- I moved the openpetra-client-js repository into the main openpetra repository, to make life easier. It is now here: https://github.com/openpetra/openpetra/tree/master/js-client
For more details about the issues solved in this release, visit the Milestone at Github for release 2019.07!
To try this new release of OpenPetra, or to use a hosting service or to install it on your own server, see the notes at https://www.openpetra.org/download-openpetraorg!