The big changes in this version are: the initial version of the sponsorship module, and improvements to data security.
So here is the list of changes for this release:
- Initial version of the sponsorship module: You can maintain children, and assign sponsoring donors to them. You can configure reminders (which don't result in email notifications yet), and you can create notes regarding the school or family situation.
- Guided setup: in the hosted setup, the initial setup does not only configure the SYSADMIN user, but also a non-privileged user. In the manual setup, a dialog is displayed when the SYSADMIN user logs in for the first time, helping to do the initial configuration of the OpenPetra instance.
- Guided setup for ledger: if a user with finance permissions logs in, and there is no ledger yet, then a dialog appears that helps to do the initial configuration of a ledger.
- The publicly available API end points have been reduced, and require more permissions. This will avoid that data can be read by unprivileged users.
- Support for Fedora 32: configuration of MariaDB now works again. Also: CentOS 8 and Ubuntu 20.04 are supported by https://get.openpetra.org.
- The testing framework Cypress has been updated to the latest version.
- We now use again Weblate for the translation of the client: https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/openpetra/js-client
For more details about the issues solved in this release, visit the Milestone at Github for release 2020.04!
To try this new release of OpenPetra, or to use a hosting service or to install it on your own server, see the notes at https://www.openpetra.org/download-openpetraorg!